In June this year, Sean McCoy published a tabletop RPG called Mothership. It has recieved tons of positive reviews, including /r/rpg December's Game of the Month award:
It's a d100 sci-fi/horror system, perfect for running Alien or Event Horizon, but it is most importantly exceptionally well designed. Every subheading is numbered for reference, character sheets have flowchart arrows pointing you towards important points, and it hits the sweet spot niche of hard sci-fi without overwhelming crunch. Plus it's PWYW.
The game has a very active community, which is very creative on Discord. On one channel, Hive Mind, numerous awesome d10 tables are collectively created.
With a good friend, Matthieu, we've put those tables on Chartopia. You'll find below a list of most of them, categorized.
Character & spaceship creation:
- Tics longterm space dwellers gain
- Spacer Tattoos Freighted with Meaning
- Things scrawled, stapled, or beautifully painted onto the hull while at port
- Space pets
- Contraband items your ship has been asked to smuggle across an interplanetary blockade
- Odd jobs that pay off in warp cores
- Ship maintenance chores
- What the hell were they researching that caused this?
- Reasons why this colony was abandoned
- Android secret agenda
- Geometry Neutral Mundane Spaceship Chase Events
- Hidden ways aboard the space station
- Reasons why you cant dock with that ship
- Additional places on the Dead Planet’s moon
- Additional locations on the surface of the dead planet
- Horrifying experiences caused by not going to cryosleep during hyperspace jumps
- Cryosleep defrosting mishaps
- Mundane jump drive malfunctions
- Spacial Anomalies That Broke Our Jump
- Derelict hazards that are not fightable
Creatures, pests & diseases:
- Warning displays blinking on your ship “unidentified life form on board”, What is it?
- Monstrosities to stalk you in the dark
- Space diseases
- Spaceship Pests
- Domesticated Aliens
NPCs & encounters:
- Interstellar Crime Syndicates
- What's wrong with the Android?
- Teamsters for hire at the seedy space port
- Legendary 2-person fighter-class ships
- Ships in docking orbit around this station at the edge of charted space
- Vendor NPCs
EDIT [2020/03/04] : a PDF zine has been published on DriveThruRPG that compile those tables : https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/288946/Mothership-Hive-Mind-Issue-01